Certified Delivery Driver
Golden Valley Supply (GVS) is a leading independent distributor of interior finish building materials, acoustic solutions, and Division 10 specialties. Established in 1975, we are a nationally certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and take pride in our entrepreneurial spirit. We partner with clients to solve challenges, provide solutions, and create long-term relationships. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, GVS also operates offices/warehouses in Des Moines, IA, Fargo, ND, and Sioux Falls and Rapid City, SD.
Our Core Values are Safety, Integrity, Service and Passion. Our Mission is, with an entrepreneurial spirit, we focus on successful partnerships. Our Vision is being a profitable, scalable, triple-bottom-line, destination employer supported from a diverse revenue stream.
We seek an energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented Certified Delivery Driver who excels in a fast-paced, distribution environment. This opportunity is located in the Des Moines, IA office. Our ideal candidate is someone who has an impeccable driving record, can repetitively lift products up to 75 pounds, is client service oriented, and eager to contribute to the success of a company. Our fleet of well-maintained commercial vehicles range from heavy duty pick-up trucks, to sprinter vans, to city box trucks, to 26’ box and straight trucks.
This full-time position reports to the Warehouse Manager. Reporting hours are Monday through Friday from 7am to 3:30pm. Some overtime may be required and/or early start times. The starting hourly rate for the Certified Delivery Driver is commensurate with relevant job experience.
What we offer in return? A respectful, inclusive and collaborative team environment. The opportunity to make an impactful difference and help drive the success of the company. A competitive compensation package, bonus structure and comprehensive benefits. The training and support to succeed. A career.
- Accurately prepare and load products on company vehicles for delivery
- Safely deliver products to clients/jobsites
- Ensure warehouse, driving, and jobsite safety protocols
- Valid Driver’s License with excellent driving record
- Forklift and lull operating experienced preferred
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 75 pounds, bend and stoop
- A strong focus on safety
- Detail orientation on loading, unloading and delivering product
- Ability to provide best-in-class client service through successfully delivering product
- Uphold and model company culture and core values of Safety, Integrity, Service and Passion
- Reliability of attendance and responsible execution of job duties
Company Benefits Upon Eligibility:
- Medical, Dental and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits including Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Term Life, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401(k), Safe Harbor Contribution and Profit-Sharing Contribution
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
Interested in this position? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.