Estimator | Project Coordinator
Golden Valley Supply (GVS) is a leading independent distributor of interior finish building materials, acoustic solutions, and Division 10 specialties. Established in 1975, we are a nationally certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and take pride in our entrepreneurial spirit. We partner with clients to solve challenges, provide solutions, and create long-term relationships. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, GVS also operates offices/warehouses in Des Moines, IA, Fargo, ND, and Sioux Falls and Rapid City, SD.
Our Core Values are Safety, Integrity, Service and Passion. Our Mission is, with an entrepreneurial spirit, we focus on successful partnerships. Our Vision is being a profitable, scalable, triple-bottom-line, destination employer supported from a diverse revenue stream.
We seek an exceptional Estimator | Project Coordinator to join our Division 10 team to work with clients in our markets. This position is located in the Minneapolis, MN headquarters office. Our ideal candidate is someone who is detail-oriented, excels in a fast-paced environment, takes pride in product knowledge, driven by estimating and managing projects, and is self-motivated to succeed. This opportunity is an in-office position.
Annual compensation, including sales commission structure, is commensurate with relevant job experience. This position reports to the reports to the Company’s Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Review bid requests to scope projects and work with architects, general contractors and building owners to provide solutions
- Read blue prints and specifications to accurately bid projects
- Provide complete, informative and accurate takeoffs of specified materials
- Identify opportunities to submit alternative options
- Submit bids in advance of bid deadlines
- Develop client relationships, bid follow up and job tracking
- Manage material procurement and coordinate delivery of materials onsite
- Perform other necessary functions as required or assigned
Education & Experience
- Associate/Bachelor degree or higher, or relevant work experience in construction estimating and project management
- Minimum three years estimating/project management, preferably in a distribution, construction or manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Person of integrity with a stellar record of estimating and project management
- Self-directed with collaborative sales skills, initiative and flexibility
- Motivated and proactive with the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and attention to detail skills, with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Solid math and measurement skills
- Ability to read and understand construction documents, including blue prints and plan specifications
- Aptitude to learn product portfolio and provide expertise to clients
- Robust working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with technology
- On-Screen Takeoff experience (preferred, but not required)
- Uphold and model company culture and core values of Safety, Integrity, Service and Passion
Company Benefits Upon Eligibility
- Medical, Dental and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits including Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Term Life, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401(k), Safe Harbor Contribution and Profit-Sharing Contribution
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
Interested in this position? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.