Golden Valley Supply (GVS) is a leading independent distributor of interior finish building materials, acoustic solutions, and Division 10 specialties. Established in 1975, we are a nationally certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and take pride in our entrepreneurial spirit. We partner with clients to solve challenges, provide solutions, and create long-term relationships. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, GVS also operates offices/warehouses in Des Moines, IA, Fargo, ND, and Sioux Falls and Rapid City, SD.
Our Core Values are Safety, Integrity, Service and Passion. Our Mission is, with an entrepreneurial spirit, we focus on successful partnerships. Our Vision is being a profitable, scalable, triple-bottom-line, destination employer supported from a diverse revenue stream.
We seek an energetic, self-motivated, and experienced candidate for Sales Representative to join our team. This opportunity is located in the Fargo, ND office.
The Sales Representative is responsible for managing all aspects of the sales process, such as product knowledge, existing and new client relationships, bid preparation, job tracking and project management. At GVS, the Sales Representative is equal parts sales team member, client service manager, project manager, product and market expert, job tracker, relationship builder and revenue producer.
This is an in-office-based opportunity. Some client travel is required; locally on a regular basis and out-of-town (planned) on a quarterly to semi-annual basis.
Annual compensation, including sales commission structure, is commensurate with relevant job experience. This position reports to the Company’s Chief Sales Officer (CSO).
- Service, develop and expand trusted relationships with current client accounts
- Serve as a valued client partner by providing product knowledge expertise and solutions
- Deliver outstanding client service through regular and proactive touchpoints
- Competitively quote and track job projects to generate new sales
- Communicate effectively with clients and vendors
- Understand market and respond to market intelligence
- Present and promote products to clients
- Prospect and build relationships through warm client account list
- Some travel to Eastern Iowa to regularly visit clients
Education & Experience
- Associate degree or higher, or equivalent sales experience
- Minimum five years sales experience, preferably in a distribution, construction, or manufacturing environment
- Experience with construction, construction cycle and/or building materials
- Experience with architects, general contractors and/or sub-contractors
- Experience selling products versus services
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Competitive desire to succeed
- Aptitude to learn product portfolio
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making acumen
- Person of integrity with a stellar record of maintaining and growing client relationships
- Self-directed with collaborative sales skills, initiative and flexibility
- Motivated and proactive with the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and attention to detail skills, with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Robust working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with technology
- Passion for building materials, sales and team culture
- Uphold and model company culture and core values of Safety, Integrity, Service and Passion
- Reliability in attendance and responsible execution of job duties
Company Benefits Upon Eligibility
- Medical, Dental and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits including Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Term Life, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401(k), Safe Harbor Contribution and Profit-Sharing Contribution
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
Interested in this position? Please send your resume to email@example.com.