Golden Valley Supply (GVS) is a leading independent distributor of interior finish building materials, acoustic solutions, and Division 10 specialties. Established in 1975, we are a nationally certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and take pride in our entrepreneurial spirit. We partner with clients to solve challenges, provide solutions, and create long-term relationships. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, GVS also operates offices/warehouses in Des Moines, Iowa, Fargo, North Dakota, and Sioux Falls and Rapid City, South Dakota.
Our Core Values are Safety, Integrity, Service and Passion. Our Mission is, with an entrepreneurial spirit, we focus on successful partnerships. Our Vision is being a profitable, scalable, triple-bottom-line, destination employer supported from a diverse revenue stream.
We seek an energetic, self-motivated and experienced candidate for Warehouse Manager to join our team. This opportunity is located in the Fargo, North Dakota office/warehouse. Any company that stores and distributes materials or products relies on a high-functioning warehouse to serve their clients. The Warehouse Manager provides primary day-to-day responsibility for supervising all activities of the warehouse, which often involves overseeing team performance, expediting the receiving and shipping of products, and ensuring efficient and organized storage, jobsite delivery and client service. In addition, this “hands-on” role will span management, safety and compliance, warehouse management best practices, delivery coordination and routing of schedules, inventory, and strategic projects.
This position reports to the Company’s Chief Operating Officer and has three direct reports. Starting annual compensation is commensurate with relevant job experience.
- Hire, train, mentor, motivate and manage the performance of warehouse/driving staff
- Ensure safety of people, product, equipment, and vehicles by complying with Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Conduct warehouse floor operations and is heavily involved in daily loading, lifting, shipping/receiving, quality control and accuracy
- Schedule and route daily deliveries to client jobsites, considering destination, gross vehicle weights (with products) and proper vehicle selection
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with data storage system
- Maintain condition of warehouse by planning/implementing new design/layouts to improve efficiency
- Inspect warehouse equipment and vehicle fleet to facilitate repair, service and/or replacement when needed
- Assist walk-in clients and facilitate client orders
- Communicate and collaborate with other key stakeholders across the Company, including Sales and Purchasing departments
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive performance and efficiency
- Strategic/special projects as needed
- Perform essential functions of the Certified Delivery Driver job, including driving, lifting, and delivering products, when required, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Perform the essential functions of the Warehouse Manager job with or without reasonable accommodation
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent or higher
- Minimum two years of shipping/receiving experience in a distribution environment
- Minimum two years of management experience in a distribution, construction, or manufacturing environment
- Minimum two years of leadership experience in a warehouse role such as Warehouse Manager, Assistant Warehouse Manager, etc.
- Experience with material handling and forklift operations
- Experience with DOT, OSHA and FMCSA safety guidelines
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making acumen
- Person of integrity with a stellar record of warehouse operations
- Self-directed with collaborative leadership and administrative skills, initiative, and flexibility
- Motivated and proactive with the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and attention to detail skills, and ability to prioritize
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Uphold and model company culture and core values of Safety, Integrity, Service and Passion
- Reliability in attendance and responsible execution of job duties
Company Benefits Upon Eligibility
- Medical, Dental and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits including Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Term Life, Critical Illness and Accident
- 401(k), Safe Harbor Contribution and Profit-Sharing Contribution
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
Interested in this position? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.